Healthy Eating Tips for Active Adults !
Healthy Eating Habits for Active Adults !
Healthy diets contain a variety of foods
Physical activity and healthy eating
Keep fat to a minimum
Eat and drink less high-kilojoule foods
Eat foods rich in calcium and iron
Drink alcohol in moderation
Healthy diets for babies and children
Don’t skip breakfast
There are guidelines to follow that help encourage a healthy diet for your infant or child, including:
- Infants – it is encouraged for babies to be breastfed for the first year of life. In most cases, breastfeeding should be the only source of food in the first six months. If you use formula, be careful not to overfeed or underfeed your baby.
- Sugar – children should eat only a small amount of foods that contain sugar and avoid food with added sugar, such as lollies, fruit drinks and soft drinks.
- Low-fat diets – are not appropriate for infants and young children under two years of age. A diet low in fat, especially saturated fat, may be considered for older children.
- Drinks – infants and children should be encouraged to choose water as their preferred drink.
Things to remember
- A wide variety of foods is important for good health.
- Calcium and iron are important nutrients in our diets.
- Infants and young children should not be placed on low-fat diets.
- Encourage infants and children to choose water as their preferred drink.
- Children will have better nutrition and do better at school if they eat breakfast.
- Be physically active.